How we use your personal information
Providing information is your choice. When you undertake certain actions on our website, such as donating, signing up for our email newsletter, or filling in a form to register your interest in our activities or to apply for a job, you knowingly provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address and other information.
You will only be contacted by Coin&F for purposes related to the work of Coin&F and you can request to have your name removed from our mailing list at any time (see below how to opt out).
Through the use of personal data such as your email address, we can target messages for you on social media platforms and identify other people on the Internet who are most likely to support Coin&F work and help refugees. This may require uploading an encrypted list of email addresses to social media platforms of service providers such as Facebook. This data is not stored or reused by such service providers and is only held for the duration of the matching process. If you would not like your data to be used in this way, please fill out our contact form.
What are cookies?
If you do not wish to have cookies installed on your computer or mobile device, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of Coin&F website may not function properly.
How cookies are used on Coin&F website
Coin&F wishes to be transparent with users about how cookies are used, so that you are clear on how your privacy is protected when using Coin&F website.
Conditions to upload content
If your content clearly identifies anyone else you will need to ensure that the persons concerned have consented to the content being used by Coin&F. Where your content clearly identifies children under the age of 16 you must ensure that their parent or guardian has provided their consent as set out above.
Coin&F also requires that you do not submit or share any material or information:
- That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy or unlawful in any way;
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals as may be required by law;
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer);
- or Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity. Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsifying the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertising or offering to sell any goods or services, or conducting or forwarding surveys, contests or chain letters, or downloading any file posted by another user of Coin&F websites that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
You should be aware that Coin&F is entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which it has about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that may request Coin&F to do so.
Uploading content to social networks
Notification of changes
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. We thus encourage you to visit this section of Coin&F website regularly in order to keep up to date with any changes. Changes to the policy will apply from the date they are posted on our site and shall not apply retroactively.